Ryan and I enjoy playing golf. Unfortunately, we don't get to play golf together very often. If I golf, it's for work. When Ryan golfs, I have the girls. Today we decided we should try to get out at least one more time before fall so we loaded up Kenna and stopped to get Grandpa Marty. Maci isn't quite ready for time on the golf course so she got to spend some quality time with Grandma Chris. Trust me, she did not mind a bit and probably would have preferred if we had golfed 36 holes instead of just 18.
Kenna was so much fun to take with us! The last 3 holes were a bit rough but I don't blame her. We were playing pretty slow. In the beginning, she was in charge of pulling the flag, getting our balls out of the cup and putting the flag back. Towards the end her main concern was beating grandpa back to the cart each time. She experimented putting the ball on the tee and trying to hit it with clubs that were too heavy and way too long. I see a nice set of age appropriate pink clubs in her future. We can only hope her golf enthusiasm continues.
Kenna was also able to experience her first orange push pop. As a kid I remember always having a stash of these in the freezer. I knew when I first spotted them today, Kenna was getting one. After 9 we stopped at the club house and picked one up. It was gone before we even teed off on 10!
Sunday, August 11, 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment