Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Eye Appointment

Maci had one of her quarterly eye appointments this morning.  It was the long one where they dilate her eyes.  She resisted at first but did really well.  Followed directions and even sat still.  I think deep down she enjoys doctor visits in a way and soaks up everything that is going on.  The good news is that she shows no signs of inflammation (YEA!) which is always a huge relief to me.  The bad news...she is showing signs of nearsightedness (BOO!).  At her last visit about 3 months ago, her vision was perfect. Today it was a little bit off.  Honestly, I had a hard time telling what her little pictures were supposed to be so I can't say that it is surprising Maci missed the smaller ones.  The doctor said that if she was school age, she would recommend glasses but for now we will just keep an eye on her vision.

This really comes as no surprise to me since I can't even see the end of my nose without my glasses.  I was hoping the girls would get Ryan's sight.  Kenna goes next week.  I'm crossing my fingers for her.

No comments: