Whoa! What happened to the month of June? I can't believe the 4th is next week.
June was busy but I'm not sure why. It started off with Ryan and both girls participating in Dam to Dam. Maci wasn't interested in running until she saw Ryan and Kenna out there. She changed her mind just in time to join in on the fun.
The next weekend we went with the Irmiter's to Omaha and hit up Henry Doorly Zoo. We got wet but the kids were troopers and we still got to see a lot of what the zoo has to offer. I wish we were just a little bit closer. I think we would go more often than once a year.
The weekend after that one of my younger brothers turned 30 so we headed up north for a surprise party. We also hit up the icubs that weekend for one of my work's annual functions. While I was handing out beers, Ryan hung out with the girls, uncle Joe and Brandi. The weather was perfect and everyone had a good time. The girls just do okay at baseball games and I can't say that I blame them.
This morning we woke up early (which is normal) and hit the Des Moines Farmers Market. This was our first trip this year and luckily the weather cooperated. We got the normal strawberry smoothie and kettle corn. There were so many people and I'm glad people get out and support our local businesses.
After that we finally caved and went to pick out our new basketball hoop. It should be in on Tuesday so we know what Daddy will be doing on the 4th! I'm hoping installation isn't too tough. I couldn't justify the $200 fee when Ryan is pretty handy. Now I just hope it gets used! It lowers to about 6 feet I believe so the girls should be able to have some fun with it right now.
Our plan is to do nothing on the 4th and I'm very much looking forward to a day at home. Too bad it is on a Thursday and I have to work on the 5th!
Saturday, June 29, 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment