Do you still love me?
Do you love Maci more than me?
These are questions that have come up lately. Usually it is after Kenna gets in trouble for something like smashing popcorn all over the basement couch. Initially I thought she was asking just to make me feel guilty. Then one night when I was tucking her in she asked me if I loved Maci more. So we had a talk. A long talk. Kenna was under the impression that since I tucked Maci in first, I loved her more. Oh the mind of a 4 year old. It just so happens that when you walk down the hallway Maci's room is first.
I think we got it all straightened out but it definitely made me stop and think about my interactions with both girls. I don't feel I favor one over the other but since Maci is younger and requires a tiny bit more attention, I can see where Kenna might be coming from sometimes. So I'm making a conscious effort to be more one on one with Kenna. It's amazing just how much they pick up on and how sensitive they are. Amazing and a bit scary too.
No comments:
Post a Comment