Monday, September 10, 2012

Two Year Old Rock Star

My two year old is a rock star...at least in my eyes.  I was pretty anxious about giving her the new drug Friday night.  As usual, I underestimated her.  Since the methotrexate is horrible tasting, people usually do a self injection.  We decided to hold off on that until absolutely necessary and try the chocolate syrup method first.  So after baths on Friday, I got out the syrup and a couple spoons.  I figured it would help if Kenna went first because I knew she would love it.  Next up was Maci's spoon full laced with medicine.  She was a champ.  Didn't even phase her!  Yes, this will become our Friday night excitement!

Saturday morning she was up happy.  Yes, happy and very chatty.  So far, so good.  No negative side effects.  We'll now start to wean her off the ibuprofen and get her ear figured out.  That was still a little bloody and goopy this weekend.  After talking to the ENT and Iowa City nurse, we decided getting the methotrexate in her was more important then drops for her ears.  They are thinking the tube is just trying to make it's way out and that there is no infection.

Busy week ahead for the Brooker family.  Tonight tumbling for both girls starts!  I'm excited to see how Maci does.  (I already know Kenna will do well.  She LOVES it!)  Tomorrow it is an eye appointment for Maci and Thursday an ENT check up.  Then on Friday Ryan leaves for his big hunting trip and the girls and I will head back home for the weekend!

No comments: