Sunday, February 19, 2012

Basketball

Ryan plays basketball in a league on Sunday nights.  This week his game was early enough that the girls and I could go watch.  I always enjoy good entertainment on a Sunday afternoon! :) 

Kenna spent most of her time dinking around as usual and Maci repeatedly yelled "Dada...Dada" while pointing at Ryan as he ran up and down the court.  It was cute but slightly embarrassing.  The second half they got a little restless.  There was a group of little boys playing nearby.  Little Maci fearlessly toddled over there and proceeded to point and lecture them using her jibberish language.  Luckily they pretty much annoyed her.  All I could do was laugh.

Kenna found a mini basketball and I took the opportunity to show her how to dribble.  The ball was the perfect size for her and I figured at 3 and a half she might be coordinated enough to give it a shot...but she just didn't get it.  I tried....and I tried.  It was ugly. Kenna seems to think that she'll do better with a pink and purple ball...I'm fairly certain it won't matter.  To make matters worse, as we were walking to the truck Kenna commented how we had just watched Daddy play baseball.  Sigh.

No comments: