Friday night Kenna randomly asked if she could get her ears pierced. Surprisingly, this was the first time she had mentioned it to me. I didn't think too much about it and somewhat avoided her question. Then later on I thought...why not? Fast forward to Saturday when Kenna, my mom and I went to the mall. It came up while sitting at lunch and she was 100% interested. I explained to her what they were going to do and that it might hurt a little but but she was not deterred. So with Daddy's blessing, we headed to Claire's.
No one was shocked by the fact that she picked out tiny pink flowers for her earrings. It took the lady a little while to get everything set up and during that time I became nervous for some reason. I really have no idea why but I felt anxious. Kenna was oblivious and happily sat in the chair like a big girl. Thankfully they did both ears at once and it went a smoothly as possible. No tears until the two ladies backed away and she had a moment to think about what was going on. It was nothing a little sucker couldn't take care of!
So off we went and she never said a word about it and did not complain once that they hurt! I actually thought she may have forgotten about it but as soon as we walked in the door at home she was running to show Daddy. (I've also heard her show them to Maci at least 5 times and ask her if she likes them!)
I've been cleaning them religiously to avoid any problems and she never makes a peep or says that it hurts. Now Kenna is somewhat of a drama queen so I fully anticipated that she'd be dramatic about this but once again I didn't give her enough credit. I can't believe how well she handled it!
Sunday, February 12, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment