Saturday, September 11, 2010

Brooker Update

I thought I'd give everyone a little update on what's been going on...

Ryan was a single dad Thursday through today while I was out of town for work.  Everyone survived!  I had no concerns as Ryan is THE best daddy.  This morning he even took them both to cousin Simon's flag football game.  I actually think Ryan enjoyed his time with the girls.  His main concern was Kenna's hair but he did get a few chances to practice before I left.  (I should have taken pictures! )  There is nothing easy about doing a 2 year olds hair....especially when the 2 year old wants to do everything herself.

When I got home today Kenna seemed an inch taller and a few months older than when I left.  She started her second round of Tumbling Tots.  Ryan said the structure was a little different from last time which is good.  Of course he claims she excelled and was one of the best out of about 30 kids.  That child cracks me up.  She is talking so clearly now that it's scary.  I keep waiting for her first swear word.  :) Tonight she put her head in the popcorn bowl and started eating.  When I asked her what she was doing she said "I Rowdie."  We just shook our heads.

Maci also seemed so much bigger since Thursday.  However, there is a very good chance she really did grow.  Thankfully it is getting cooler so I can start pulling out Kenna's 6 month winter clothes.  Maci is only 3 months.  We are probably going to end up buying clothes for her since she is growing much faster than Kenna did.  She was all smiles when I got home.  I missed the little peanut.

This coming week with be another short one for us.  We are heading to Wisconsin Friday for my cousin's wedding.  We are looking very forward to it!

No comments: