Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Omaha 2010

This past weekend we packed up the girls and headed west to Omaha with the Brooker's and the Zollman's.  Saturday Ryan and his dad were able to catch the Iowa game while the rest of us took a leisurely stroll around Omaha.  It really is a nice city despite all the bad publicity it gets.

After checking into the hotel, everyone hit the pool.  Kenna LOVES the water.  The fact that she has no fear whatsoever is hard for me to accept.  She does really well though.  I wish I would have remembered to bring the camera down from our room

Sunday we got up early to beat the crowd at the zoo.  This trip went much better than last year with Kenna.  She wanted no part of the zoo then but this year she loved it.  If you ask her, the 'white bear' was her favorite. She also liked the big 'kitties'.  We saw almost everything we wanted to.  I think she would have liked the petting zoo and elephants but nap time and lunch time were quickly approaching so we took off back to the hotel.  After a very brief nap, Kenna got to go swimming with her cousins again.

Not surprisingly Maci was an angel all weekend.  Knock on wood....she is about as close as you can get to a perfect baby.

I am going to be gone for work Thursday through Saturday so it was nice to get home early yesterday and get some stuff done around the house.  I have everything lined up as well as possible for Ryan while I'm gone.  If anyone would like to volunteer to come over and do Kenna's hair in the morning Ryan would really appreciate it!  I think that is the one thing that concerns him the most!  Or if you'd like to stop by during the Iowa v Iowa State game...I'm sure he'd like that too! :)

No comments: