Tuesday, May 4, 2010

35 WEEKS!!!

I just received my weekly babycenter.com email indicating that I am 35 weeks pregnant. I was momentarily in a state of panic. Is it really possible we'll have a brand new baby in 5 or less weeks? This pregnancy has flown by and I think the 21 month old distraction is the main reason for that. I'm starting to get antsy though. Or more so than normal. Luckily I'm still sleeping pretty well but my back hurts and our nightly trips around the pond in our neighborhood are wearing me out.

What Ryan lacks in compassion for pregnant women, he makes up for by getting up with Kenna when necessary. Although I swear he is just able to get out of bed faster than I can in my condition. The "mommy, mommy, MOMMY" nightly chant is not something one sleeps through.

Kenna still has no clue as to how her life is about to be dramatically changed. She definitely knows something is up though. I worry about giving her enough attention once #2 arrives. She loves to give my belly hugs/kisses and tries to give the baby drinks of her milk but I have a feeling she won't be inclined to do much sharing when she arrives. I hope I'm wrong.

The daycare gave us the option to pull her out while I am on maternity leave for 8 weeks. While this was extremely tempting due to the financial savings, I just think Kenna will be happier in that environment. Not only is it my time with the new baby but I think Kenna likes/needs the routine and structure.

1 comment:

The Burdorf's said...

I can't believe how fast this one has gone....makes a difference worrying about another little one. I have been noticing how emotional I am with Addy lately...I can't believe it will never just be her and I anymore. I am nervous about giving her enough attention as well; but I suppose it will all work itself out. Congrats on 35 weeks!