I found out yesterday from a co-worker that Kenna will be eligible to play Bam Bam next summer. I'm not sure but I think it is a local program. For those of you who haven't heard of it or seen it played, they basically put a large rubber ball (like a dodge ball) on two stacked coffee cans and let the kids take a crack at it. Once they hit it, they 'run' the bases. The defense consists of the entire team standing at the pitcher's mound in a line and taking turns fielding the ball. As you might imagine, it is nothing but organized chaos.
The child must be 3 by July 30 and Kenna will just sneak in. At first I was really excited about it but the more I think about it, the more I'm not sure she'll be ready. We will re-evaluate next spring. Ryan is already excited and planning her training schedule.
I can't really say much about that as I was considering buying her a plastic t-ball set weeks ago. You can never start too early right? :) However, I got to thinking that a plastic bat might not be the greatest idea with a new baby around. Maybe for her birthday.
Wednesday, May 5, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Samantha got a brochure sent home from school for the ILCC BB camp and she really wants to do it. So we signed her up for. I think I remember doing that camp when I was in middle school!! At least she's interested though!
Post a Comment