Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Baby Vacation

Ryan and I had the opportunity to head to Mobile, Alabama for a convention so of course we jumped at the chance for a mini vacation before baby #2 arrives. Grandma Diann and the Brooker's graciously offered to take our little ball of energy from Sunday through Wednesday. It is the first time both Ryan and I have been away from her at the same time so we've been a little apprehensive. Not only because we'll miss her but because we feel guilty leaving her with other people.

It sounds like Kenna kept my mom busy on Sunday and was a very good little girl. I'm sure she conned Grandma into letting her have a few cookies. Although I don't think its conning if Grandma offers her cookies/crackers/chips non-stop! :) Yesterday Mom dropped her off at daycare and Grandma Chris picked her up. Since the weather was so nice, it sounds like Kenna convinced Grandma and Grandpa to let her eat out on the deck so she could harass Rowdie and watch the neighborhood kids play.

Ryan has been in meetings and I've been doing...nothing...and loving it. Today the weather is gorgeous and I've taken a nap and a walk. It's been really nice to relax and be on my own schedule. I miss our little monkey though. From what the grandmas have been telling me, she is being her usual ornery self but asking for mommy and daddy periodically. I can't wait to see her tomorrow. I'm sure we'll have to ween her off of the sugar high she's been on since my mom arrived on Saturday. Luckily we get home early tomorrow and get to spend the afternoon with her.

No comments: