Thursday, November 6, 2008

Why?

So since Kenna has arrived I've been thinking about a few things. As she gets older and is more interactive, I find myself wondering what is going through her little mind. For example, most of you won't believe this but I have a tendency to sing to her. Sometimes it's things like Old McDonald and other times it's just random songs I make up as we go along. Those are the ones she likes the most for some reason and usually they made no sense at all. I've even gotten her to giggle at some of my lyrics.

Another thing that perplexes me is that Kenna LOVES her changing table. I can understand that she enjoys getting a fresh diaper but I think it's more than that. For some reason, it is her favorite spot in the house. On the rare occasion that we can't get her to calm down, we head for the changing table. Very strange.

Then there is the bumbo seat I have mentioned on here frequently. I swear putting her in that thing is like an invitation for her to fill her pants. I am not kidding. You stick her in there, turn your back for two seconds and pretty soon you hear her grunting and her face is bright red.

Kenna has dry skin so I lather her up morning and night and give her a baby massage. I always get a good laugh out of this. I'm not sure if she's just jumpy, the lotion is cold or she just hates being picked at but I don't think she likes it. Ryan on the other hand thinks she loves it. I've told him that I'm pretty sure the furrowing of the eyebrows, arching of her back and slamming of her little legs into the floor is not a sign of excitement. Who knows though, he could be right?

I guess we'll never know what thoughts are being tossed around in her head. I'm sure she thinks I'm a nut job. At least now she smiles at me more often than staring at me with her eyebrows scrunched together.

1 comment:

The Burdorf's said...

She sounds adorable! Enjoy those little moments-they grow up so darn fast.