Ryan is off hunting and Kenna is dozing/watching football so I thought I'd fill everyone in on our weekend. Yesterday we went out to the Brooker's and watched the Iowa v. Penn State game. On the way out there, I bet Ryan $5 the Hawkeye's would win so he owes me $5! What a great game!
I had mentioned to Ryan earlier in the week that I wanted to do some shopping today. Ryan hates to shop so I assumed he would stay home with Kenna. Then this morning he asked what time we should leave...meaning all 3 of us. Which was fine, but I just knew I'd be more productive on my own.
Ryan wanted to go get some work jeans and then he mentioned buying a frig for the basement. I was a little surprised by this because Ryan usually does major research before making a purchase of that size. I thought I should take advantage of his mood though or it would be another 6 months before he thought about it again. Before he could change his mind, I did some online research and had him measure the opening. We found what we thought we wanted and the only store that had it in stock was American TV so that is where we headed.
We located the frig and while waiting for a salesperson, we browsed the other refrigerators. Usually when we make purchases of this size Ryan always talks me into paying the extra $300-$400 for the upgraded version so I was prepared for that discussion today. However, Ryan spotted one that was $100 cheaper than the one we had our eye on. It was not our intent to purchase a stainless steel one for the basement but it was cheaper and seemed like a deal. Now keep in mind, this is probably the cheapest stainless steel frig out there and doesn't even have an ice maker but really all we need it to do is store pop and beer.
Kenna was amazing today. We went to American first and then G&L Clothing. After that we went up to Ankeny, ate at Panchero's (yum!) and hit Kohl's. She did so good! After we got home she slept for a good hour in her car seat. We are so lucky she is a good baby.
Before we left today Ryan put Kenna's burp rag on her head and he thought it was so funny that I should take a picture. I must admit, it is kind of funny.
2 comments:
That is such a cute picture!!! :)
She looks so much like Ryan when he was a baby in that picture. I will have to dig out some pictures, like you asked me to do a long time ago for her baby book. Sorry, don't know what I have been doing.
Post a Comment