This afternoon was Kenna's 4 month check up and of course shots. I met Ryan at the doctor's office and Kenna seemed to be in a really good mood. We had to wait for the doctor longer than usual and she started to get hungry and antsy. Dr. Boonstra finally came in to check her out. She was fairly cooperative until he wanted to check inside her mouth. For some reason she would not open her mouth! It was kind of funny until she got upset and started SCREAMING. Needless to say her mouth was wide open then!
Of course she was then all worked up even before her shots. I made Ryan hold down her arms again and this time did not go as well as the first round of shots. Kenna was PISSED to put it lightly. It was one of those cries where no sound comes out of her little mouth. Oh I hate it. It took a good 10 minutes to get her calmed down enough so we could put her clothes back on and head home. It was by far the most upset I've ever seen her. I have a lump in my throat right now just thinking about it. I'm already dreading the next visit.
The good news is that everything looks good and she seems to be doing well. I asked the doctor about swaddling and he said he would actually prefer we keep swaddling her for another couple months and then slowly transition her into sleeping without it. We were relieved to hear that. I also told him I was kind of concerned about her eating habits and he assured us that she was as healthy as can be and if she's hungry, she will eat.
As for her stats, Kenna is in the 25th percentile for weight and 10th percentile for height. I didn't think that would surprise anyone! :)
Tuesday, November 25, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment