Whew! Busy weekend! Saturday morning we drove up to Armstrong to visit family and then headed over to Spencer. We helped Kody celebrate his birthday at the hotel. Kim, Tyson and the girls came over to hang out so that was nice. Then Sunday we drove over to Everly for Thanksgiving at Julie and Andy's. That afternoon we made the three and a half hour drive home and Miss Kenna slept the entire way! We couldn't believe it!
For some reason, I thought last night would be a good time to try and put Kenna to bed without swaddling her. Bad idea on my part. I'm not sure if she was off her sleep schedule from sleeping in the car or if she really just can't sleep without being swaddled. We tried everything and it was obvious that she was deliriously tired. At first I thought it was because she kept pulling the pacifier out of her mouth and couldn't get it back in so I put her mittens on her. That didn't help. Finally, after about an hour, I swaddled her and she was out. I know, weak effort on my part but I was tired too!
Kenna hit a couple big milestones recently. On Saturday she rolled over on her own. She's been close a couple times but couldn't quite get that arm out of the way. It might have been a fluke though because I haven't seen her do it again. I wish everyone could see her circling and circling on her blanket trying to turn over. I'm not sure how she manages to spin herself around without rolling over.
When we got home from daycare tonight, I knew Kenna was hungry. I figured it would be a good time to give her a little taste of cereal. Keep in mind Ryan and I are rookies and had no idea what we were doing or even how to mix up the cereal. I think I might have made it too thick. She did surprisingly well! A few times it looked as if she were going to gag and she made a little mess but I think she might have swallowed a little bit at least! Ryan videotaped it so if I can figure it out, I'll post it on here. It's like 5 minutes long but I don't know how to edit it.
Kenna turned 4 months old yesterday and tomorrow we have her 4 month check up and more shots.
Monday, November 24, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
She was probably gagging because the ceral tastes like crap ;) But that's coming from me who doesn't really like much of anything!
Kimberly
Post a Comment