Today we went for Kenna's two month checkup. Ryan and I were both excited to see how much she weighed. He guessed 10lbs 10 oz and I guessed 10lbs. She officially weighs 10lbs 3.5 oz and is 22 inches long! So far she seems to be right in between the 25th - 50th percentiles for her age.
The doctor thought she was doing really well and was extremely impressed with her neck strength. He said she had "excellent head control." He joked with us about starting to save money for gymnastics...meaning we could have the next Shawn Johnson on our hands! With Ryan and I as parents, she will definitely have the build!
The last thing they did before we left was shots. It takes two nurses to do it. Two vaccines are oral and then there are 3 shots. Two they do simultaneously and then one nurse does the third as quickly as possible. They needed a third person to hold her arms down so I made Ryan do it and boy am I glad I did. She freaked out at first and I don't blame her because they pretty much jab those things into her thighs, but once they were done she calmed down pretty quickly. She did a very good job and we were proud of her. I think the whole thing was harder on me than her.
Wednesday, September 24, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment