Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Conferences

Tonight Ryan and I experienced our first conference as parents.  Neither of us were really worried about anything in particular.  I could sense she was doing well, behaving and making lots of little friends.  I was still curious to hear what her teacher would say so off we went.

As we suspected, Kenna is doing amazingly well.  Off the charts well.  She was tested in all areas right when school started and again recently.  She showed improvement in all areas where possible.  On some of her initial tests, she already had perfect scores.  Basically, she is ahead of where she needs to be at this point.

While all of this was good to hear, we were the most happy about the other things the teacher pointed out to us.  She was almost giddy talking about our daughter.  It was cute really.  She used words like outstanding, joy, hard working and great listener.  I also liked that she viewed Kenna as a friend to everyone but my favorite part is that she said the other kindergarten teacher was jealous and wanted her in her class!

Ryan and I left there pretty proud parents.  The scores are good but what really matters to us is that she is a kind, respectful little girl who at least tries to do the right thing and is a good friend.  Let's hope the next 50 conferences go this well!

No comments: