Thursday, September 19, 2013

Volunteer

I've been roped into some volunteering lately.  I really shouldn't say roped.  That gives it a negative connotation.  Obviously, I ultimately made the choice to participate.  I'm not entirely sure where I will find the time to do these things with all the hours I work but somehow I am always able to come up with a few extra hours here and there.

My first opportunity was to become a member of Kenna's PTA.  A good friend of mine is very involved...that is how I got 'roped.'  So far so good though.  Not only am I helping a very important cause but I get the inside scoop at the elementary! It's also helped me meet some people/parents in the community which is important to me.  My underlying goal is to some day get the school mascot changed.  Come on...a ram?  I get the significance of the R the A and the M but there isn't much intimidating about a ram.  Someday.

The second opportunity was to help the local Arthritis Foundation with planning the annual Jingle Bell Run to raise money for arthritis awareness.  Deep down I know this will only lead to more and more committees but I'm ok with that.  The work the Arthritis Foundation does is important to me and my family.  What's an hour here and there?

No comments: