Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Been awhile...

Opps...been awhile.  We've been busy packing and moving stuff slowly out to Ryan's parents.  Cleaning out some stuff too which always makes me feel better.  I have zero hoarding tendencies so we don't have too much junk but it always brings me joy to toss or donate stuff we don't use.  We will make our final push to get stuff out next Friday.  While it is exciting, it is somewhat sad.  I get a little sentimental until I realize that we'll be able to sleep with the windows open and not hear our neighbor rolling his garbage to the street or the million dogs on our street barking.

Summer is wrapping up quickly.  Seems like it has been too hot to do much which stinks.  Things seem to be turning around though and we look forward to Kids Day at Kinnick Saturday and the Iowa state fair Sunday.

Kenna truly enjoys being a year older and seems to think she is entitled to a few more treats and activities now that she is the big 4.  She keeps asking about soccer and softball which makes me proud.  I have to remind myself she is there for the social aspect and not the sport itself.  However, she did win 5 gold medals, one silver and one bronze at the daycare Olypmics last week and has enjoyed watching gymnastics and diving.

Maci is perfecting her speech and vocabulary.  I love it!  Her left ankle appears to be swollen despite my best efforts to see otherwise.  The bump on her wrist is still there too so it looks like I am going to try and move up her next Iowa City appointment.  I cannot express how disappointing it is to see that tiny swollen ankle.  She is a trooper though.  I look forward to getting her into tumbling this fall.  Besides her ankle flaring,  so has her personality.  She is a bossy little stinker but we love her.

No comments: