Today the Alfonse family lost a very special lady. My grandmother passed away at 88 (I believe). I grew up many miles apart from her and wish that we would have been closer. I didn't see her nearly as much as I'd have liked in my lifetime but I can vividly remember certain events and times together. Specifically I remember her coming out of her bedroom with a brand new basketball hoop for Christmas one year. Another time, for whatever reason, my mom and I were the only ones to go up to Wisconsin and my mom had her class reunion. Grandma took me out to eat and we watched a movie together. It was one of the very few times I remember spending actual one on one time with my grandma. It's funny how such a simple event is what sticks out to me.
My girls have been lucky to be able to know all their grandparents including 3 of their great grandparents. Losing my grandma today makes me realize how important it is to me that they both spend time with their remaining grandparents and get to know them well.
Thursday, August 18, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment