Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Softball

Last night Ryan and I decided to take the girls to a high school softball game.  Since our niece, Campbell, is a little softball player herself, we brought her with us too.  Kenna and Campbell MIGHT have watched the first inning which is sort of what I expected.  Kenna's favorite part were the helmets the girls were wearing and she told me she wanted to play 'out there' (outfield).  No, actually, her favorite part was dancing to the music they played in between innings. 


So why bring the girls to the local high school's softball game?  Why not?  We are officially going to be staying in the area so to me that means we should start supporting the local school district and that includes attending athletic events. Plus my little ones need all the exposure to sports they can get otherwise I have a feeling we'll be spending long days at dance recitals.  Sigh.

I enjoyed watching high school softball again and I think Ryan might have even had fun too.  It's good for Ryan to be exposed to girls sports.  Wonder if he'll like being my assistant coach someday? :)

No comments: