Maci, Kenna and I headed out to Maci's one year checkup today. It was an adventure to say the least. (Of course the doctor was running 45 minutes late.) We found out Maci is in perfect health and weighs 19lbs 13 ounces (30th percentile). She's also in the 30th percentile for height. After the doctor left we had to wait a little bit for the nurses to come in and do shots. Poor Maci had 4 today. That was the least of our problems. I had forgotten this but they like to have blood drawn at the one year appointment.
Once Maci calmed down a bit from her shots, we headed down to the lab. (Please keep in mind chatty Kenna is still with us). We got right in but what a nightmare. Looks like little Maci has small veins. The lab techs did the best they could but the first poke didn't get enough blood so it had to be done again. She was getting poked and prodded in both arms. All 19 pounds of her must be muscle because I was doing my best to hold onto her while trying to distract Kenna. I've never heard a child scream and cry like Maci did during all this. It was very hard for me to not tell them to stop. I almost did but figured we might as well just get it over with so we didn't have to go through it again another time. We made it through it though and everyone involved was glad when it was over. Two hours, 4 band aids and 2 wrapped hands later, we headed home.
Tonight Ryan and I were talking about Maci's personality. While very distinct, she is a lot like Kenna at the same age. Her fuse might even be a little shorter. Maci is definitely more of an instigator and loves to make you smile. Despite being one year closer to diaper free and gradually getting rid of bottles, I'm sad to have a one year old. Each month she gets cuter, happier and naughtier. I cannot wait to see what type of toddler she will be!
Wednesday, June 8, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment