Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Double Ear Infection

Just got done cuddling with Maci on the couch.  What I was 100% sure was teething has turned into an ear infection and a little respiratory crud.  Good thing I'm not a doctor.  Maci came home from the daycare late yesterday with a temperature.  I dismissed it as teething then gave her some Tylenol and teeth jell.  She seemed to perk up and was crawling around but just not quite herself.

She slept uncomfortably last night and still had a temp this morning.  Ryan brought her into the doctor while I went to work.  Poor Maci has her first double ear infection.  It's really amazing that today was her first unscheduled doctor's visit.  We can't complain about our kids being sick as that was our first trip to the doctor's office with either kid since Maci was born.  (Knock on wood.)

Maci is still running a pretty high fever despite her antibiotic and Tylenol so I'll be staying at home with her tomorrow.  Ryan said she was pretty good today....as long as he was holding her.  I think I can handle hanging out with the little peanut tomorrow...especially if she is cuddly. 

Even though she clearly felt bad tonight she still flashed us her cute little smile...and then would lay her head down on my chest.  Kenna even managed to get a few giggles out of her.  Nothing can keep this kid down!

No comments: