Earlier this week Kenna was sent to the office at daycare for not picking up her toys and being mouthy in the process. Turns out this is behavior is not common but it bothered us that she was disrespectful to her teachers. We came down pretty hard on her for being a two year old.
Immediately after I found out, Kenna was given a mini lecture. She of course didn't want to talk about it but admitted she'd gone to the office and didn't pick up her toys. On the way home I told her she'd have to tell her dad what she did. She hates when I say that. Her response was...."no, I not tellin my daddy." Of course I made her and she got a stronger lecture from him.
I had happened to have gone to the store right before I picked the girls up that day and had picked up some Valentine's candy. Kenna spotted it immediately and normally I would have given her a small piece but on this day I told her no and explained that it was because she had gotten in trouble at daycare and been mouthy to her teacher. You would have thought I'd ruined her life based on the dramatic crying session that ensued. It worked though and I felt pretty bad about it...however, I did not cave.
Later on I asked Ryan if he thought in general that we were too hard on her. She's been testing us lately and I think this was our final straw. We concluded that we aren't...we just have high expectations for our girls and want them to be respectful little people. I'm really hoping that our strict parenting now doesn't backfire on us some day and lead to rebellious teens. :)
Thursday, January 20, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment