Monday, November 29, 2010

The Girls

It seems like so much is changing these days.  Here is a little update as to what the girls have been doing.

Kenna (aka Motormouth)
Kenna speaks so clearly that it is scary.  The child never stops moving and is generally in a great mood.  Early mornings do not agree with Kenna but negotiation on our part usually makes the mornings to smoothly.  Kenna continues to take very good care of her little sister.  Her main issue with Maci that she does not understand that Ryan is Maci's Daddy too.  If I'm holding Maci and she's looking at Ryan smiling, I'll make some sort of comment about her looking at her Daddy.  No matter where Kenna is she will perk up and say...."NO, dat my Daddy" and scowl.

She continues to do really well at daycare.  Last week she came home singing a song about the days of the week and I was in awe.  She has now mastered her colors, can count to 11 (not sure why 11), almost say the complete alphabet and recites the Brown Bear book on command.  Somewhere along the way she also learned "cheers"...as in clinking your glasses together "cheers." I honestly cannot remember the last time we got an incident report.  Either the teachers feel bad for her and have stopped writing her up or she's just grown out of it.  It has been probably two months since she's had any potty accidents.  She still wears a pull up to bed and someday soon Ryan will convert her crib into a bed.  Neither of us is ready for her to be free at night!

I think she'd be happy if Yo Gabba Gabba was on 24 hours a day.  That show is...interesting but educational in a surprising way so I don't mind it too much.  She is a tv junkie so we've had to limit her recently.  All in all I bet she only watches 30 minutes in the morning but when she does, she is comatose and it drives me nuts.

Oh and she now has a little boyfriend at daycare...Ryan and I knew instantly which little boy it was...and so it begins!
Maci 
Maci loves her big sister more and more each day.  She finds Kenna to be hilarious and Kenna knows right where to tickle her.  Maci has also learned to pull hair so that should get interesting soon.  I can't get the little peanut to eat any solids.  She clearly isn't starving but I'd still like to find something she'll eat.

Maci can be found in the bumbo or shimmying around on the floor.  All you have to do is look at her and she grins from ear to ear.  She is THE perfect baby.

No comments: