Friday, October 8, 2010

Homecoming Parade

Ryan and I took the girls up to the homecoming parade last night.  This was not the typical homecoming parade I had in mind.  First of all, it was over an hour long.  Secondly, there was A LOT of candy.  I couldn't believe it. It was kind of like Armstrong's 4th of July parade...fire trucks, bands, politicians and some other businesses.  Each elementary had at least one float.  I'm not positive but I think we have about 5 here.  Every high school team seemed to have a float too....football, cross country, volleyball.  I was fairly impressed by the size of the parade.

The girls enjoyed it.  Kenna got some candy...most of which I ate.  One of her daycare teachers spotted us and she hooked Kenna up with a handful of candy.  She also befriended an older gentlemen next to us and he was sneaking her any candy that came his way.  The funny thing is that her favorite part of the parade was all the balloons!

No comments: