My sister in law mentioned a new book called Bringing Up Girls. She had read a book about boys by the same author and really enjoyed it. Last night I happened to be near Borders so I picked it up. We have two girls so I figured it couldn't hurt to see what it was all about. So I ended up spending the evening of our anniversary completely engrossed with this book. I think I read four chapters before making myself go to bed. Needless to say I absolutely love it and am making it required reading for Ryan when I am done. Last night I kept reading him excerpts and I think he's very interested in reading it as well.
I probably shouldn't be surprised but the first part of the book talks about how important fathers are in the lives of little girls. I guess I knew that but to actually see in words how a father can impact his daughter was very interesting to me. Luckily my little girls have a great daddy.
There were also parts of the early pages that sent me into panic. Raising a child in today's society is going to be a challenge and the author is very clear about that. Eating disorders, depression and mean girls will not make life easy. So far it is a great book and I highly recommend it for anyone with girls.
Friday, October 22, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment