Kenna has stepped into her big sister role extremely well. Maybe even a little too well. I think it is a common belief that oldest children tend to be quite bossy. Kenna definitely thinks she is the top dog at our house. Here are some examples.
Last night I mentioned to Kenna that Maci had wet her pants and that I needed to change her diaper. Kenna stomped over and stood above Maci. She then proceeded to lecture her about 'peeing on Elmo' as if what Maci had done was naughty. I had to politely explain to Kenna that Maci was still very little and it was acceptable for her to pee in her diaper. The diaper actually did have a baby Elmo on it by the way.
Maci has had a little cough the past few days. Right after she ate her bottle this morning she had a little coughing attack and spit up some of her formula. Well, Kenna happened to witness her little accident and said to Maci "oh...no, no Maci. Naughty." She shook her head and everything like she was soooo disappointed.
Poor Maci. Although I think she'll be able to hold her own. Kenna has a tendency to get right in Maci's face and it is very clear that Maci doesn't care for the close encounters. I'm sure it is only a matter of time before Maci takes her first swing at Kenna!
Monday, August 16, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
That is super cute. At least you know Kenna is listening to you and Ryan when you tell her that stuff :)
Post a Comment