I've been wearing a device called the Body Bugg for almost 3 weeks. I'm sure you've heard of it from The Biggest Loser. Basically it is a little computer strapped to your upper arm. It tracks my steps and calories burned throughout the day. I then upload it to a web based program. That program also tracks my food intake for the day. I put in each and every little thing I eat. It can be somewhat tedious but the information you get back is amazing. Based on what I input, the program shows me how many carbs and how much protein I've consumed, how much sodium I've eaten and calculates my daily calories. It does more than that but those are the basics. At the end of the day, it shows me how much I've burned versus how much I've eaten. Quite enlightening.
Needless to say, the results are scary. I pretty much consume twice the amount of sodium I should and don't get nearly enough protein in my daily diet. If nothing else, the Body Bugg really makes you conscious of what you are putting into your body. It's also helpful when trying to figure out how many calories you burn doing certain workouts.
I might actually be addicted to the Body Bugg. I am once again on a health kick and hoping to get back to my pre Maci weight. Only 10 more pounds to go! I even purchased a food scale yesterday. Yes, kinda dorky I know but I think portion control is a big part of losing weight and eating healthy.
Ryan is happy I am no longer requesting Dairy Queen! :) Poor Kenna gets a raw deal as we are trying to teach her healthy eating habits as well. We are even going to have to cut back on her M&M consumption despite the fact that they are potty rewards. Ryan and I are not getting any younger and we have two little girls to take care of for the next 40 some years so it is in everyone's best interest to lead healthy lifestyles.
Monday, July 19, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Good for you Ang!! It is hard to be healthy these days and I'm also trying to teach my boys how to eat healthier.
Post a Comment