Maci Marie arrived Sunday, June 6th. Contractions started around 5am but they were very inconsistent and not all that strong. We hustled around getting things done just in case. Ryan mowed and finished planting some flowers. I did some laundry and dishes. Around 12:30 Ryan's mom came to watch Kenna and Ryan and I headed to the hospital.
Since the last delivery took quite awhile, we weren't really in a rush. The on call doctor came in around 2pm and broke my water. From there, things really picked up. This was also the point when the nurses thought they should disappear. At about 3:15 I sent Ryan out to get me some drugs! :) A new nurse came in and said she would get the anesthesiologist since I was dilated to 7. The liquid gold arrived at 4pm. My last epidural was a horrible experience but at this point, it was necessary. From there on out, it was a breeze.
A little before 5pm the nurse had trouble finding a consistent heartbeat so she called in another nurse to do some sort of internal heart rate monitor. When the nurse went to do that, she couldn't because Maci's head was right there!!! Unfortunately, my doctor was over at another hospital delivering a different baby! Once again, we had to wait for Dr. Turner (who delivered Kenna) to show up. Literally 4 minutes after the doctor arrived, baby Maci made her grand entrance!
Maci was 6lbs 14 oz and 20 inches long. She is absolutely perfect! I'll post some pictures soon but she looks a lot like Kenna did but with maybe a little more dark hair.
Tuesday, June 8, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment