Yesterday afternoon I had my 34 week appointment. As usual, they were behind schedule at our OB/GYN's office. We saw Dr. Hancock this time and he was great. He went over everything and was very detailed. It looks like I'm measuring at just about 32 weeks when I should be at 34. He compared this measurement to my measurements with Kenna and with her I was right on track. She ended up being a fairly small baby (6lbs 10oz) so he was a little concerned that this baby might also be small. He scheduled us for another ultrasound at my 36 week appointment to check the development of the baby. Dr. Hancock was happy with my overall weight gain (except I only gained one pound in the last two weeks and he said I should be gaining a pound a week at this point) but still wanted to take some more measurements. I'm sure everything is fine and that he's just being overly cautious but it still makes me a little nervous.
It probably didn't help that he explained his reasoning for being so behind yesterday. I guess earlier in the day he found a heart defect while performing a normal check up on one of his patients. He ended up spending quite a bit of time with her and her husband which is completely understandable. It makes me take a minute to truly appreciate all the healthy little children in our lives. We are very lucky!
Wednesday, April 28, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment