Monday, January 4, 2010

Dentist

Kenna will be having her first (unscheduled) dentist appointment today. Ryan was laying on the floor Saturday and Kenna came running at him and jumped...right onto the corner of the wooden coffee table. I happened to see it out of the corner of my eye and instantly thought we were making a trip to the ER. However, she calmed down much quicker than I did. She was clearly still in pain but stopped crying relatively quickly.

I called our pediatrician's office and they suggested taking her to the ER. I wasn't really sure she needed to go to the ER so I called a pediatric dentist in Altoona. She called me back immediately and asked a ton of questions. Based on what she said, since the tooth was knocked back instead of up, there wasn't much that she could do. If it had been pushed up into her gums, it would have been different and chances are it would have been pulled.



As you can see, Kenna had quite the fat lip yesterday morning. At first it was painful for her to drink out of her sippy cup but she got the hang of it. I think the Tylenol helped too!

So wish us luck at the dentist this afternoon. It will be interesting!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hope everything went well at your first unscheduled dental appointment. In the future, visit Altoona Pediatric Dentists for useful information or to schedule an appointment, emergency or otherwise.