We had a nice weekend at the Brooker house! Our latest home improvement project is redoing the deck. The builder didn't use the best materials so it needs some work. Ryan made some good progress this weekend and I can't wait to see the what it looks like when it is complete!
I took a couple days off from P90X because my shoulder has been bothering me. Today I gave it another try and during the workout I was ok but shortly after I was experiencing some pain. I've never had any trouble with my shoulder and it is kind of inconvenient considering Kenna is very needy at the moment. It hurts so much I am going to try and see a doctor this week which is something I never do.
I think Kenna is having some separation anxiety issues. Ryan had mentioned that she seemed quite attached to me recently but I didn't think much of it until she cried when I left her one morning at daycare. For about a week she's been getting up in the middle of the night screaming. I thought it was her ears but they are good and then I figured it was teeth. The Tylenol and teething gels didn't help though. The only thing that works is sitting in there with her, patting her butt or rubbing her back. I've been pretty careful about not picking her up but then I read about separation anxiety and it seems cruel not to pick her up if all she wants is comforting.
In typical Brooker fashion, Ryan and I have been researching ways to comfort her so we are going to try out a few tricks....otherwise I guess we just wait it out. I'm hoping it is a very brief phase. If anyone has any tips, please feel free to share!
Sunday, June 14, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment