Monday, May 4, 2009

Wonderful Weekend

We finally got a nice weekend but we were very busy! Saturday Uncle Joe came to visit and Kenna showed him all her new tricks. Then we went to meet up with my cousins who were at Adventureland Inn with their kids. Later on, Grandma and Grandpa Brooker came over to babysit. While they babysat, Ryan and I got a much needed dinner without Kenna and went to the new Thai restaurant in town. I would highly recommend it!

Sunday we went up to Ankeny to run some errands. Of course since we were in town we hit up Panchero's! I didn't think Kenna was hungry but gave her part of my quesadilla anyway. She kept eating so I just kept feeding her little pieces and Ryan gave her a few beans from his burrito. Guess she loves Mexican food!

Later in the day Ryan went mushroom hunting (which I guess he finds entertaining) so Kenna and I met him out at the Brooker's. This is where I first noticed Kenna's strong aversion to grass. She had absolutely no desire to touch the grass with any part of her body. She would do a little shimmy each time she tried to crawl off the blanket and when I tried to stand her up in the grass, she pulled her knees up to her chest!

I'm already hoping this week goes fast. I'd like to get some flowers next weekend and hit up the farmers market downtown.

No comments: