Sunday, April 26, 2009

Things I've been thinking about...

The other day I was thinking about how crazy it is that Kenna is 9 months old. Then I got to thinking about how my life has changed...here are a few examples:

1) I've gone through 2 bottles of Shout (stain remover). I'm pretty sure I'd had the old bottle more than a few years. Now I go through that stuff like water.

2) We have toys everywhere and I'm ok with that...for the most part. I'm the type of person who believes everything has a place and that everything should be put back into that spot. Well, not so much anymore. I mean really, what is the point of putting back her toys every night?

3) I have little finger prints....every where. On the windows, on the tables. And I don't even care.

4) It is not uncommon to be up at 5:30am and not go back to sleep even when Kenna takes a nap. I'm just adjusting to this schedule and still able to function. Amazing.

6) There are nights when Ryan and I don't even turn on the tv. We just hang out on the floor with Kenna and play. The funny part is that we don't even realize we haven't turned on the tv until Kenna is in bed. I love those nights.

7) I have to check on Kenna every night before bed (and even sometimes when I get up in the middle of the night). I thought I was the only one but the other night I caught Ryan in there using his cell phone light to check on her. It was pretty cute.

8) I've learned to spank...ok more like little slaps...ok basically little pats. When Kenna first started grabbing the plant, I had a hard time scolding her. I didn't think she knew any better. Now I am convinced she knows that its naughty (considering she shakes her head no as she is doing it) and don't have as much trouble spanking her hand. It is still extremely hard but if I can't even slap her little hand how will I ever be able to discipline her? I'm not a huge fan of spanking kids but when it is necessary and justified, then I am all for it. Talking back and being disrespectful drives me absolutely nuts so I sure hope Kenna knows when to keep her mouth shut! :)

Those are just some things off the top of my head. Life sure has changed but only for the better.

No comments: