Friday, April 3, 2009

Sleep. Sleep. Sleep.

As our doctor said was possible, Miss Kenna's sleep patterns are messed up again. Dr. Boonstra said that with every new trick she learns (such as crawling), she will develop a sleeping hiccup. For the last week or two, Kenna has been up in the middle of the night. It is like she is sleeping but yet crying. So we go in, lay her down, stick the pacifier in and she is out. Well, most of the time anyway. It is destroying the sleep Ryan and I are getting. Last night I was up for almost an hour laying her down over and over. What I would give to sleep 8 hours straight! I know, it could be worse. Hopefully, this stage passes quickly...until she starts walking!

Last night I had to laugh at how funny we must have looked. Kenna was motoring around in the kitchen and Ryan and I were dancing around her trying not to step on her while making dinner! It was so funny. She just doesn't look big enough to be crawling.

We've been trying to skip her late afternoon nap thinking it will help her sleep at night. It is helping a little but what I love about it is that she gets cuddley. Usually she is non stop motion but once she gets a little tired, she just wants to cuddle...for a few minutes anyway.

The latest thing she gets a kick out of is when people laugh. It causes her to burst out with laughter herself. It is so darn funny! So of course Ryan and I are always fake laughing for her. Our neighbors are going to think we are weirdos once we open the windows this summer! She also likes to be bounced/swung around. Movement is the key with her!

Tomorrow morning we have a pancake fundraiser for our nephew Simon's little league. We can't pass up pancakes! Then tomorrow afternoon I am going to a wedding while Ryan keeps Kenna.

In a couple weeks Grandma Diann is coming back down to watch Kenna for a few days. We get a week of 'vacation' at daycare every year so we are going to use it that week. I'm taking off Monday and Friday, Mom is watching her Tuesday/Wednesday and Ryan is taking of Thursday. I know I am looking forward to a long weekend or two! I could have easily taken the whole week off but thought my mom might want to spend a couple days with the monster!

No comments: