Last night was the annual Simpson Christmas party. This basically consists of all my friends from Simpson gathering at Chubbs' house in sweats and getting a keg. Of course a few other things go on but most of those things I would rather not mention. :) As usual, it was good to catch up with everyone. It is so amazing to me that some things never change.
A few months back, our office offered wellness testing. Principal came in, weighed us, did body fat composition testing, took blood etc. This isn't the first year this has been done but it is the first year that I've taken a close look at the results. After I got pregnant with Kenna, I really started paying attention to what I was putting into my body. I'm a fairly active person and don't consider myself 'overweight.' Well according to my results, I need to lose 15-27 pounds to be in my recommended weight category. Sounds like a lot to me and I don't really think I need to lose that much weight but I thought, what the heck, what can it hurt? So starting tomorrow, I am focusing all efforts towards losing 15 pounds. I already work out about four times week so I know that in order to lose any weight, it will have to be by watching what I eat. I love bread and pasta so this isn't going to be easy.
I'll be participating in Live Healthy Iowa (formerly Lighten up Iowa) through work and doing a little weight loss competition with Ryan's family. Wish me luck!
Today Kenna and I met Ryan in Waukee. He was shooting in his gun league or whatever it is he does out there. After we picked him up, we headed to the mall. Kenna was a trooper as we hit a few stores. We stopped for lunch and Kenna was entertained by a group of kids. She must have thought they were really funny because she couldn't keep her eyes of them. She was all smiles.
On the way home I believe Kenna threw her first major fit. I mean all out fit. She wanted no part of that car seat and had a meltdown. She was crying so hard she started coughing and then coughed so hard she puked up her lunch. Ugh. It is so frustrating to not know what she wants or if something is wrong!
3 comments:
Good luck with the weight thing. You could start drinking "Muscle Milk" like my brothers do...apparently that is the secret to getting in shape.
i'm not participating in live healthy this year but i'm also hitting the gym a little harder this year. we'll have to cheer each other on!
Still pretty glad that I was able to make Kenna smile before Aly :) Can't wait until Aly reads this! It was good to see the little princess on Saturday!!
Post a Comment