Friday, October 10, 2008

Pacifier

Last night around 2 am or so I hear Kenna in her room sucking away at her fist. Yep, all the way from our bedroom. Then around 2:20 she let out a little squeal to let us know she was hungry. Nine times out of 10 she sleeps from about 7:30pm to 6am and has since about 6 weeks old so we are extremely lucky. However, the last two nights she has gotten up in the middle of the night to eat. I think she is going through a little growth spurt which I'm very excited about because she's kind of a little squirt. Then on the other hand, it makes me sad to think she is growing and won't be this little baby forever.

For some reason, Kenna has been taking her pacifier more. It's not that I am for or against giving your kid a pacifier. I just don't like to see 4 year olds walking around with them. Before daycare, I couldn't get her to keep that thing in her mouth for anything. She hated it. I'm assuming the daycare ladies have been giving it to her frequently and she is now starting to like it. Which is ok but I'm going to try and limit its use in an attempt to avoid an addiction to it. But then again, its better than her sucking on her fist like she does because that is something I can't take away from her.

Last night after I got done feeding Kenna, I couldn't go back to sleep. I started thinking about all the decisions a parent has to make for their child and how important those decisions can be. Really it all starts when a person becomes pregnant but once that little person is here, it gets worse. What type of formula should I use? How should we handle her immunizations? How long should I let her cough before calling the dr? In home daycare or daycare center? Do we live in a good school district? It's kind of alot of pressure but I guess all we can do is make the best decision we can at the time.

No comments: