Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Let's Get Started

Kenna is asleep and Ryan is watching the Iowa v Iowa state replay on tv so it's a good opportunity for me to get this blog started!

To bring everyone up to speed, on July 23rd baby Kenna arrived and our lives were forever changed. People always tell you that things will never be the same after you have kids....they aren't kidding. I now speak in a baby voice and sing lullabys daily and will do just about anything to get a smile out of her. I can no longer sleep or eat when I want to. I do that as Kenna allows. I also cannot just jump into the car to go work out or head to Target. I now plan those outings around Kenna's feedings and naps. For someone who is as independent as I am, it is very strange having someone so little so dependent on me.

Each day she is doing something new and smiling/cooing a little more and more. With each toothless grin, I fall more and more in love with her.

Today we stopped by the daycare to drop off supplies for next week. This will be my first week back to work and her first week at daycare. I'm really nervous about it but know she will be just fine. Luckily Ryan will be dropping her off so I can spare myself the public crying episode.

Other than Kenna, there isn't too much going on in our lives right now. Hunting season will be upon us shortly so Ryan is gearing up for that. And of course football season is in full swing!

That is all for now.

No comments: