Tuesday, January 22, 2013

I wonder

Sometimes I wonder if we are good parents.  I guess I know we are good parents.  Decent at least.  We do the normal fun things...trips to the zoo...special breakfasts.  We provide the necessities...food and shelter.  But are we really doing all that we can?  And are we doing it right or am I permanently messing up my kids?  Do I tell the girls I love them enough? (I think 50 times a day is sufficient?)

This questioning stems from recent conversations with Kenna.  Four is apparently the magic age where the real questions hit.   Sometimes they are pretty simple: Does every town have a sun?  No problem, I can answer that.  Other times they are tougher: How do people die?  Hmmm...what brought about this question.  Ah, daycare.  I'm not sure when these little people find the time to have these discussions but that is where she is learning about topics.

I'm not opposed to having these talks with her but geesh...a little notice would be nice.  I hate being put on the spot! :)  But I guess that is all a part of being a parent.

No comments: