Saturday, September 29, 2012

Tippy Toes

We noticed Monday night at tumbling that Maci can now walk on her tippy toes.  For most little ones that would be an easy task but we had never seen Maci do that before.  THE MEDICINE IS WORKING!  Each week I get sick to my stomach forcing my two year old to take what I consider to be liquid posion but seeing her do little things like walk on her 'tippies' and run....I mean truly run...make me forget about that temporarily.  Besides her physical improvements, we've seen her mood change from what we thought was pretty happy to an even more playful, chatty toddler.

Unfortunately, she had a little setback this week and was unable to take it last night.  The tube in her left ear has fallen out and she immediately got an ear infection.  Very frustrating.  She had battled one in her right ear for about 3 weeks but that ear still has the tube and the infection is finally gone.  I'm really hoping that the ear infections do not become chronic again as we will have to reevaluate her arthritis treatment.  She can't take the methotrexate when being treated with an antibiotic.   I'd prefer we just do tubes again myself.

Despite those ear infections, which we wouldn't even have known about without the drainage, she is thriving...tormenting her sister....demanding chocolate donuts (and receiving them)...being devious...and clearly expressing her emotions (good and bad).  I imagine she is not a good example for other kids at daycare and quite the handful.

Speaking of daycare, we had a great interest in Team Moo Moo shirts so I am reordering.  Plus a lot of the teachers have told us they will be at the walk/run in November.  They continually amaze me there and I am often reminded of just how much they truly love my children.

1 comment:

Aaron Burdorf said...

Yay for walking on tippy toes! I totally can relate when things that shouldn't seem like a big deal are. So glad that the medicine is working for her!