Last week we stopped giving Maci her ibuprofen so that when we went in today for the injection in her right knee, the doctor would be able to see if the arthritis had flared in any other areas. She was starting to move pretty slowly and was getting a bit crabby. As much as I hated having her to go under again, I know that her shot today will make her feel so much better. It looks like her left knee is still doing well from her injection in mid May so that is good. The bad news is that the cyst on her right wrist is more than likely an indication of arthritis. For now we will keep an eye on it and if she starts not using it or it stiffens up, we will need to see a pediatric hand surgeon to have it removed and possibly treat any arthritis that might be lurking. There are a lot of tiny bones in the hand/wrist so a specialist is best.
Tomorrow Maci and I will go to the pediatric eye doctor for a two hour appointment that happens to coincide with nap time. Should be interesting. I can't remember if I mentioned this before but the same tissue that is in your knee is in your eye. There is a good chance that her eye tissue is inflamed which can cause loss of vision or even blindness if left untreated. One of her blood tests also indicated an elevated risk for her. Treatment would be drops and if bad enough possibly systemic treatment. Hopefully we have more answers tomorrow but if her little eyes are impacted, it will break my heart. Until we know more, I won't bother worrying about it though. :)
Thursday, June 14, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Thinking of you guys today! It's never easy to go to the doctor, especially when it's your child. Sending happy, positive, thoughts your way. :)
Post a Comment