Monday, October 10, 2011

Are these kids mine?

Ryan and I often find ourselves looking at each other and asking if these kids are really ours.  I still can't believe it. First of all, I can't believe the tomboy and the hunter ended up with two girly girls.  Secondly...they don't really have our personalities.  Not that I can tell at least.

Kenna continues to excel in preschool.  The head of the daycare stopped me the other day to say that Kenna is by far the happiest 3 year old in the class and just soaks up everything they learn.  The teacher also assured me that she truly is very well behaved and a joy to have in class.  I'm still not convinced! :) 

She does have a soft side despite her rough play with her sister and her mouth.  She often gets time outs for mouthing back or simply not listening.  This traumatizes her and she always wants to know if we are mad at her.  It is so hard not to cave.  I hate discipline!

Dolls are Kenna's favorite play toy at the moment and she enjoys being a mommy to them....ALL of them.  I swear they have suddenly multiplied.  I often overhear her putting them in timeout.  Hmmm...

Maci is just an ornery little fart!  She flat out taunts her sister and even though she only knows a few words...you can just tell she is being mouthy.  Always on the go and looking for trouble...that is our Maci Moo Moo.

While she likes to follow her big sister around, she really is her own little person.  She is definitely not intimidated by Kenna and I think she'll give her a pretty good run for her money.

No comments: