Friday, March 11, 2011

Daycare

Yesterday was the last day for one of Maci's teachers.  I always hate to see daycare workers leave because they are all fantastic. Whether they have a background in child care or are simply high school students trying to earn a buck, the entire staff has always been wonderful to my kids.  In this instance the young lady is going to play soccer and is then off to college in the fall.  We will miss her and wish her the best of luck.

She was quite emotional last night when I picked up Maci...she was even crying.  It shouldn't be odd that she was so emotional since some of the employees spend more time with my children then I do.  I can easily see how attached they become.  I hope those young girls realize the impact they have on my girls each day.  Whether Kenna is asking for some sort of piercing or learning to shake her booty, she's always picking up something from them in addition to learning her ABCs and much more.  Most importantly, it is very obvious to me that the daycare's teachers truly love my kids.

I often have anxiety about raising two girls in the world we live in.  Eating disorders and bullies are just a couple things that scare me to death.  The young staff at the daycare gives me hope that there are happy and friendly teenage girls out there. 

No comments: