Friday, October 15, 2010

Smarty Pants

Kenna continues to amaze us.  She is talking so well.  I often stop in my tracks when she says something so clearly and matter of factly.  Now she will often point out things and talk about her surroundings.  Ryan and I always catch ourselves making eye contact and thinking...where did she learn that???  They must be working really hard on colors at daycare because she suddenly has them down.  We were working on them at home but I think she learns better from others.  Sometimes I feel guilty because she is learning so much there and probably not as much as she should be at home.

A friend of mine once told me that her daycare provider told her not to worry about teaching kids every little thing.  Her comment was that a parent's job was to play with their kids and love them, not educate them.  That was a daycare or preschool's job.  I have to agree with that to a certain extent.

Otherwise she's been doing much better at daycare.  By that I mean very, very few biting incidents (she'll make me eat my words and bite today). I'd say its been maybe 2 or 3 weeks since she's had any accidents at daycare too which is very exciting.  Helps cut down on laundry!  Roughly 50-60% of the time she wakes up dry as well.

No comments: