Ryan and I have recently mastered the fine art of negotiation. Not bribery...negotiation. There is a fine line. We often find ourselves convincing Kenna she needs to get dressed or should pick up her toys. Luckily at this point the negotiations have been pretty easy. This is a common conversation....
Me: If you want to go outside with Daddy...you have to pick up your 1,000,000 Dora toys.
Kenna: No...I no like it. (meaning she doesn't want to pick up)
Me: Fine, then you can't go outside. (I'll start picking up)
Kenna: NO MOMMY...I do dat. (She picks up) I go ouside? Peease Mommy?
Ryan almost cracked a couple weekends ago when we were at Bass Pro Shops. Kenna had her biggest meltdown ever because we had to leave the giant fish aquarium. He wondered over to the candy and suggested we buy some to keep her quiet. I said absolutely not. The last thing she deserved was candy. I was fairly proud of myself. At least one of us was strong!
Unfortunately Kenna has sharpened her manipulation skills. On Sunday Ryan was carving her pumpkin and she was pouring it on pretty thick. "Oh tank you Daddy, I wuv it." "Look my punkin mommy...daddy do dat." She was very helpful and even rubbed Ryan's back while he was carving and also cheering and clapping. The girl knows how to get what she wants.
Tuesday, October 19, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment