Wednesday, August 25, 2010

College Education

Tonight we meet with our financial adviser so he can tell us that Kenna's college education is extremely underfunded and that Maci has no chance at obtaining a college education funded by us. I just looked up the tuition at Simpson: $34,476. Yes, that is PER YEAR. I think when I went there it was roughly $28,000 a year. Despite obtaining a $100,000 plus 4 year education, I was lucky enough to only walk away with only $17,000 in debt. I can only imagine what it will cost 16-18 years from now when Kenna and Maci are ready to choose their next steps. Ok, no more talking about my baby girls leaving home!

The girls are doing well. Kenna is carrying on full conversations...if not with us than with one of her Dora dolls or on a cell phone. She is starting to play well by herself and is quite the helper. Maci is also a little chatter box. Cooing and smiling take up most of her time. She is just so damn happy and has even started to giggle!

No comments: