Sunday, July 4, 2010

4th of July

Our 4th of July weekend has been pretty uneventful. Saturday we put Kenna in her Elmo undies. She had one accident and then did pretty well until we had to leave. We went over to a friend's aunt and uncle's house. Kenna LOVED swimming and Ryan had trouble getting her out of the pool. She's been talking about it ever since! (Thanks Sheila!)

Today she had 3 accidents in her panties. One time it was literally 10 seconds after I took her off the potty. (I wanted to scream!) After the third time I think it kind of clicked and she told us the next couple times she had to go. Then of course we had to leave again and put a pull up on. We were gone for roughly two and a half hours. I was positive she had already peed by the time we got home. Then I heard her say, "I potty." So we sprint off to the bathroom and much to my disbelief...her pull up was DRY!!! Needless to say we've gone through quite a few Mike & Ike's and M&Ms today but it is all worth it. Hopefully tomorrow we have continued success.

Maci is more and more awake these days. She is sleeping about 6 hours in a row at night, eating 3-4 ounces and going right back to sleep. Yes, we know how lucky we are! She is growing like a weed and still really only cries when her diaper is wet or she is starving. Around 8pm she goes through a little crabby time but basically she is just tired and ready for bed.

My 8 week maternity leave is now half over. I feel like I've been much busier this time. Maybe because I feel more comfortable with a newborn. Believe it or not I haven't even called my pediatrician's nurse yet! I think I called them on a weekly basis with Kenna. :)

No comments: