Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Teddy Bear Room

I had a mini heart attack last night after receiving a phone call from the director of our daycare. Turns out she just missed Ryan and wanted to talk to us about moving Kenna up to the Teddy Bear room a little early. Ms. Traci feels like Kenna interacts better with the older kids and is emotionally and mentally ready. She commented that Kenna's attitude is 'feisty' and gave me a few examples of things she'd done this week. It all sounded exactly like stuff Kenna would do! Deep down I think they just wanted her out of that room because that is the room where she had a tendency to bite! :)

While I had Ms. Traci on the phone I asked her how Kenna had been doing on the potty at daycare. She said so-so. Kenna doesn't say no to the potty but also doesn't show a lot of interest. I asked her to make sure the teachers in her room stay on top of it since Kenna has been doing so well at home without much push from us. I would LOVE to at least cut my diaper bill by a little bit!

Kenna has been an awesome big sister this week. I feel bad for not giving her more credit before Maci arrived. I was convinced the transition would not be pleasant but I could not have been more wrong! Last night was the first time I've seen even a tiny bit of jealousy. Ryan and Maci were cuddling on the love seat and Kenna decided she needed to be up there too. She got herself up and proceeded to lay her head on Daddy's chest just like Maci! :)

Maci continues to be an angel and is eating like a champ. Her crabby time is right before Ryan and I want to go to bed but that's ok. She is a little restless at night. Pretty soon we might have to move her to her crib instead of the bassinet in our room. I think we'd all sleep better that way!

No comments: